Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

What Happened At General Conference

General Conference, a once every four year gathering of United Methodists from across the globe, was held May 10-20 out in Portland, Oregon. Here are some links to some great summaries of what took place at GC:

GC2016 Recap

Summary of GC Issues

A Triumph for Orthodoxy

After GC What Then?

I'm more excited about the future of the UMC than I've been in a long, long time. I'm excited because I believe a strong and clear stand was taken at GC for the gospel and the cause of Christ. I'm excited because I believe the UMC (in light of the decisions made at GC) made a decision to get in on the promise of Jesus to build His Church. And I'm excited because I truly believe some of the decisions at GC have positioned us as a denomination for the Lord to bring revival. And that's so very exciting!

Love you guys!
Jody


No comments: